Alabama Wedding Photographer Samantha Alday offers a documentary style approach to photographing weddings. Her fresh and modern images are unrehearsed and capture the true emotions of the day as they actually happen. Samantha commissions a limited number of wedding events each year delivering the most in personal customer service, unique attention to detail and the specific needs of each client.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 20

After watching too much Food Network TV, I decided I needed to be using the 'sprinkle' salt the Food TV stars use instead of the 'shaking' salt that we typically use. Why I need to use this sprinkly salt I'm not sure, but it must taste better if they're using it and obviously they know more about cooking than I do, and they just look so dang professional when they use it. So after much searching I discover this salt is Kosher salt. It has to be sprinkled because it's grainier and coarser (if that's a word) than the finer, iodized salt. So after much delight, I bought a box of Kosher salt with my latest grocery store trip. Now you know I couldn't just put it it some boring, pre-used butter bowl (you all know the ones I'm talking about) and have it sitting out on my counter, but I had to hunt and dig throughout my cabinets...even the back of the cabinets as dangerous as that was to find this treasure: an old pottery dish that my grandmother had given me. So here it sits, proudly next to my stove as if it's being used by Paula Deen herself. Let me tell you how fancy I look when I take a pinch and sprinkle it on my food! I'm still not sure the difference in the two salts and why the Food TV stars use it, and honestly, my food tastes the same (okay, maybe saltier 'cause I haven't' figured out a pinch instead of a handful), but hey, does it really matter, I'm just so cool using it!?!



Happy Wednesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home