Alabama Wedding Photographer Samantha Alday offers a documentary style approach to photographing weddings. Her fresh and modern images are unrehearsed and capture the true emotions of the day as they actually happen. Samantha commissions a limited number of wedding events each year delivering the most in personal customer service, unique attention to detail and the specific needs of each client.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

WPJA Winner!

I'm so excited that 2 of my images have placed in the WPJA and [AG]WPJA image contests! I feel very honored as photographers from all around the world compete in this competition.


This image placed 3rd place in the 'Getting Dressed' Category of the [AG]WPJA.


The Artistic Guild of the Wedding Photojournalist Association [AG]WPJA is a group of international wedding photojournalists, who capture unscripted wedding moments as they happen, and excel in the art of post-production image processing. The [AG]WPJA is a division within the Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA); one which specifically promotes Fine Art Wedding Photojournalism.

This image placed 20th in the 'Action' Category of the WPJA. (Yes, 20th--there are 20 places per category, but I'm still a proud mama!)

Thank you to all of my couples who give me the opportunity to take these photographs and allow me to be a part of such a special day!

















3 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Samantha, the photos of Emily and Chris are fantastic. I am Chris' mother and I'm so pleased for you in winning even in 20th place for this fabulous picture. In the webshow of their wedding, the picture right after this one when Emily is looking over at her mom was priceless also.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congrats! That is wonderful! You placed and that is a great accomplishment! I just love these images!

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger samantha said…

    Thanks ya'll for the comments! I really appreciate it! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home