Alabama Wedding Photographer Samantha Alday offers a documentary style approach to photographing weddings. Her fresh and modern images are unrehearsed and capture the true emotions of the day as they actually happen. Samantha commissions a limited number of wedding events each year delivering the most in personal customer service, unique attention to detail and the specific needs of each client.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Apples and Bananas

Oh my goodness, 6 am came early this morning! I know it's cliche' but I honestly cannot believe just how fast time flies. I just mentioned to Clark last week how the Summer has flown by to which he replied, "life is flying by". It's true!! I don't have babies anymore. Shelby starts Middle School today in the 7th grade and Joseph starts High School! He's already given her strict instruction on the "unofficial rule" as to where the 7th-graders are supposed to stand when they go to Break...to which she replied, "I'll stand where I wanna stand". Typical woman! ha! : ) Every year during their elementary years, they always took an apple to the teacher on the first day of school (on my insistance of course). Shelby was usually okay with it, until one year I forgot to buy apples, but I did have bananas. Yes, I made her take the banana to her new teacher. I don't think she'll ever let me live that down. And I've been told that Joseph would present his gift with his usual "I can't believe Mom is making me bring this apple to you" kinda way. I tell him often that I live to embarrass him and I normally do a pretty good job of it! ; ) But sad to say those apple and banana days are long gone. I dropped them off this morning-alone-again-without me. They're growing too fast and becoming too independent-also, too fast. But I'm so proud of them and the young adults they are becoming. Now as I sit alone in the house except for Hank and Annie Bell under my feet, I'm going to enjoy my solitude and my cup of coffee. : )

Happy Monday!



Joseph walks Shelby to class on her first day of Kindergarten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home