Alabama Wedding Photographer Samantha Alday offers a documentary style approach to photographing weddings. Her fresh and modern images are unrehearsed and capture the true emotions of the day as they actually happen. Samantha commissions a limited number of wedding events each year delivering the most in personal customer service, unique attention to detail and the specific needs of each client.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Office News December 2009

New for 2010, wedding events will be commissioned on a very limited basis...so if you're still undecided and riding the fence on choosing your photographer, book now to make sure you get your event on the calendar before bookings close for 2010!

Why have I decided to do this? Several reasons really, but primarily because my children (aka teenagers) won't be with me forever and I want to savor all the time with them I can and I simply don't want to miss out on anything they are participating in or doing.

I've been gone over a 100 weekends in the 10 years that I've been photographing weddings and that's not including the weekday work. That's not including the numerous, numerous nights I've stayed up way too late editing, working, designing, blogging, etc., along with trying to manage a household and keep up with a typical, American family schedule. My family has far too long communicated with the back of my head as I sat staring at this computer screen. :)

How do I feel about it? Ah....bitter sweet. It's a decision I've mulled over and prayed over for over a year now. God blessed me this year as I literally didn't miss a ballgame or a pageant or a school project or anything! All of my dates worked out divinely and that is actually what made me realize that I didn't want to miss out on any of it. As I sat on the third baseline at Joseph's ballgame or waited patiently to hear who would be chosen Miss LHS, I thought, "what if I had a wedding today, I wouldn't be here; I'd be missing this." That's a chance I don't want to risk.

On the bitter side of it, I ***love love love*** photographing weddings. I love my brides and the new friendships and relationships I've made. I feel like a part of something so much bigger when former brides share special news with me! (Congratulations Taylor and Josh on your twins!) We've met people from literally all over the world! I'm so addicted to brides and flowers and shoes and dresses and table tops, I'm always looking at wedding stuff online and watching those reality wedding shows. You'd think I'd get tired of it, but I'm obsessed with it! It's gonna feel really strange being home on the weekends for a while.

I will continue to update my website and I'll continue to post on my blog. I have lots of albums to finish up and I have a few other personal projects in the works that I'm also pretty excited about. And also get ready, 'cause you'll probably be seeing more of my personal life than you care to see! That's another thing: I've found that I'm behind the camera so much professionally that I don't take as many personal pictures of my own family as much! I'm looking forward to that!

Merry Christmas from my family to yours and I hope your 2010 will be an amazing year for you!!!



New project starting in January! An image a day! On January 1st, 2010, I'll be starting a new 365 day project and will be posting an image a day. Random? Totally! I have no idea what the image may be and I'm looking forward to just that. Seeing things differently...in new ways...in new light...and sharing it with you. I'm already looking forward to next December 2010 and looking back at all the images from the year. I hope you share this with me!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    aw Samantha. Cherish that time with your babies! I keep recommending you to potential brides and think you do amazing work. I look forward to seeing more of your photography on your blog! :)

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger TBG said…

    i love it that your family is so important to you! xoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home